Arctic Shorts Film Evening
Thanks to a huge success last year, the Arctic Shorts film evening will return to the BOZAR Centre for Fine Arts on Monday 18 November!
The second annual Arctic Shorts film evening is an official side event of this year's Arctic Futures Symposium, organised in cooperation with the Mission of Canada to the EU and many Arctic stakeholder partners. The event also forms part of the BOZAR Nordic Fall programme of events.
The evening promises to be a culturally enriching one. Following a short introduction from the organisers, seven short films made by talented filmmakers from across the Arctic will be shown:
- Ikki illa meint (No Ill Will) 21', 2018, Dir: Andrias Høgenni (Faroe Islands)
- Katatjatuuk Kangirsumi (Throat Singing in Kangirsuk | Chants de gorge à Kangirsuk) 3.5', 2018, Dir: Manon Chamberland and Eva Kaukai, Wapikoni Mobile (Québec, Canada)
- Signal 11', 2018, Dir: Oscar Byström (North Sweden)
- Eatnanvuloš Lottit – Maan Sisällä Linnut (Birds in the Earth) 11', 2018 Dir: Marja Helander (Sápmi / Finland)
- Victoria 12', 2018, Dir: Brúsi Ólason (Iceland)
- Home 8', 2018, Dir: Inuk Jørgensen (Greenland)
- Beast 15', 2019, Dir: Aasne Vaa Greibrokk (North Norway)
Following the screening of the films, there will be panel discussion with a few of the filmmakers moderated by Martha Otte, Director of the Tromsø International Film Festival.
The filmmakers who will be on the panel include:
- Odile Joannette, Wapikoni Mobile (Québec, Canada)
- Inuk Jørgensen (Greenland)
- Andrias Høgenni (Faroe Islands)
Those interested in attending the screening are asked to please register via the EventBrite link that has been set up for the event.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions about the event.