Arctic Futures Symposium: Resilient Arctic Communities
Brussels - /
Due to COVID-19, this year's symposium was held online. Many thanks to all speakers and participants from around the world who made it a success!
Arctic Futures aims to create discussions and best practice exchanges between Arctic stakeholders with diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
The 2020 symposium was held online due to the COVID-19 crisis. Those who were not able to take part will soon be able to watch recordings of each session we held this year on the IPF Youtube Channel.
This year's symposium looked at:
- Arctic Challenges
- Arctic Policies of the EU, Arctic states, and Arctic Stakeholders
- Arctic Community Needs and Preparedness
- Pollution, Climate Change and Biodiversity: Challenges and Solutions
- Community Resilience through Empowerment
- A Uniquely Arctic Entrepreneurship and Investment Culture
- The EU's Engagement in the Arctic and Implementing the EU Green Deal
Side events are organised in tandem with the symposium to create and foster connections between Arctic stakeholders and the general public.
The 3rd annual Arctic Shorts film evening (originally scheduled for Monday 23 November at BOZAR Centre for Fine Arts in Brussels) has been postponed until further notice. Please keep an eye on this website for updates on that event.